Saturday, January 14, 2012

Alena's BIG girl room

Alena is a big girl now, not a baby and not a toddler but a CHILD! OH when did this happen? Well, maybe it happened during our crazy, unstable year thanks to the USAF. This past year has been so busy, hectic and hard! Alena has been a trooped and is finally being rewarded!

We have lived without a lot this year. Just ask my parents, our 4 + months in San Antonio were FAR from comfortable (just essentials like plastic plates, mattresses on the floor, a folding card table, computer and toys). Alena only got arts and crafts and has not gotten big, bulky, FUN toys since her last Birthday. The first thing we bought once in Columbus (like 2nd day) was a BIKE!!!

SO on to her room! I have been dreaming, planning, and just been excited to make a big girl room for Alena since she turned 2. Now that we are settled in MS and we picked up my old bed over Christmas... we FINALLY got her room together. I still have a lot left to do but everything is in place and just needs to be spruced up. So enjoy!

Alena's nursery in Wichita





Reusing from her nursery 

Before:
 
After:

AND her room now!

Cute bedding from JCPenny half off and the only thing I spent money on. Hope she likes it because it is sticking around until High School baby!
Reading area, I plan on recovering the blue pillow (mine from college) one day... maybe.

Old dresser Court used as a kid, we had this in our guest room in Wichita. We plan on painting it white to match the bed. Waiting on better weather and a free weekend and honestly the drive to start it.

See needs lots of love. Dolls are from Courts travels. Picture frames I talked about in earlier post. Put the heart frame to fill space, will put something in it soon.
Bookcase was in the basement, thinking about painting it white... seems like a lot of work. I need a better place for the stuffed animals, but for now it works. Looking at ideas from Pinterest... we'll see.
Gift from Aunt Tonja, I think from her first Bday.  I love that it still works in her room.

Closet and TOYS. I would love to put a dress up dresser here one day (thanks Pinterest). The toys can fit in the closet since it is so big and she has a large dresser.
Sewing my Mom made when Alena was born. Still works in this room!
And back to the reading area.


We placed her bed against the wall to get the most floor space for playing. Her room is on the front of the house and gets A LOT of light. I would love to hang curtains but need inspiration (and it has to be cheapish). Don't want much more pink, white wouldn't keep out light, and the bed is next to the window. Ideas?

Like I said not finished but the best for now.

No comments: