After having a very mild winter out here in KS we were fortunate enough to get a blizzard on Friday. Around 11:00 am it started sleeting... at this time I was trying to get some rest after a long night with Alena. Already grumpy and exhausted the last thing I wanted was snow and cold. For those of you who know me you know I despise the cold. The one good thing that came of this winter weather was Courtie was released from work early and was able to help with the little one. We hung out all day while the sleet fell. As the temperature dropped the sleet became ice and over night we got snow. When we woke up on Saturday morning it was still snowing. When it finally stopped we got 7 inches! Courtie loves cold weather and snow so he spent some time outside shoveling the sidewalk and driveway. We got Alena ready and took some fun pictures of her first snow experience. Both Alena and I were outside for all of 3 min and that was all I needed. Later that night some friends came over and the boys wanted to grill out in the snow. Boys will be boys.... We enjoyed steaks, mac and cheese, and some fresh salad. The non-nursing folk also enjoyed strawberry and peach daiquiris. After a cold day, fun in the snow, hanging with friends, getting Alena to bed at 2:00 am we finally went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment