Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our House


One year ago we bought our house and we have stayed busy fixing it up ever since. It seems once a month we have something new to deal with. The plumbing in the kitchen got backed up, the spring on the garage door broke, one of the toilets would take 3 flushes to actually flush, we had a brown recluse spider infestation, part of the ceiling fell down in the garage, rain leaked in from the roof, the garage door opener broke, and sooooo on. When we moved in we knew we had a fixer-upper but all the extra little thing took a toll. I mean we already had to deal with jungle green carpet, brown stained walls and ceilings from smoke, smelly house from smoke, food caked and grease on the cabinets, carpet in a bathroom, and the linoleum peeling up in the kitchen. For the longest time I was so frustrated and just didn't like or enjoy our house. After painting the entire upstairs, painting cabinets, replacing kitchen/living room floor, getting new carpet, replacing master bath floor and toilet, and fixing everything that broke I finally love my house. I have enjoyed decorating and making it our home. Next on the ever growing list is painting the basement, working in the yard, and painting the deck and outside of the house. Oh well, at least we will be here for 3 more years to enjoy all the hard work.

No comments: