
Have I ever told you how much I hate the weather here. It actually is like NC weather but on steroids. Over the weekend we had some sever weather (every watch and warning possible). From about 4 pm on sat until early morning today we had strong winds, rain from all directions (like in Forest Gump) and even tornadoes. Fortunately the two tornadoes were west of us. This is the first time in the year we have lived here that we actually had a touchdown in our area. We've had the green skies, clouds that were rotating, and even funnel appearances. Even after a year every time I hear the siren my heart still drops in my chest. I love the summer heat that Wichita has to offer but I truly hate the summer T-storms. I am not sure I'll ever get to enjoy them like I did in NC. No rolling thunder with lightning that flashes in the sky, wind blowing the pine trees, and the rain pit-patting on the roof. We have wind howling and banging on the house knocking over anything in its path, thunder shaking the house, lightning lighting up the entire sky continuously, the rain banging and drumming on the roof and windows, and frequently the soft wail of the warning siren. I have an entire week of clouds and storms to look forward to. I just hope they aren't as active as the weekend storms.
No comments:
Post a Comment