Sunday, August 9, 2009

can we say spazz

So this post has been a long time coming... I am not sure of how many of you know this but I am quite the spazz. I wouldn't call it klutzy but I am far from graceful! Usually I try to keep most of these comic moments to myself cause they are kinda embarrassing, but they are just too funny to keep to myself any longer. Here are a few moments I can remember but are not (by far) the only cases. So please enjoy many laughs on my behalf!

What prompted this post... Today I was working diligently on cleaning the house cause Courtie is coming home tonight. I went downstairs to do a load of laundry and walking past the sofa in my "tiny" basement I managed to kick the sofa. Now I know many people have stubbed a toe just like this but to my fortune I broke my tiny, little baby toe (I know this from the insanely loud snap that I heard). Well currently it is not so tiny more like a plump sausage. Now that isn't the funny part. If you have done this you know the pain the pinky toe can radiate. SO just picture me limping all around the house doing chores wincing and hobbling about. If it didn't hurt so much I would be laughing too.

So I am sure you are thinking so what people stub their toes all the time. Well here is one I am sure your friends have never told you. For some reason or another I have trouble opening doors. Somehow I manage to open them right into my forehead. Don't ask me how, I don't know but it has happened on more than one occasion.

Speaking of doors.. My first ever spazz moment that I can recall is from Elementary school. We were walking to gym class and I turned to say something to a friend. When I turned back I walked right into the poll in between the doors. Smack right in the face. I am not sure I'll ever be able to forget this one.

Another frequent smack the palm to the forehead moment is checking the side mirror while backing up. So I turn to look back and then I turn to look to the side mirror and there is this window in my face. Sometimes I catch it before the face smack but most times I don't. Yes, totally has happened more than once.

Here is a combo of the door and the car. Somehow, again I just don't know... While getting into the car I managed to smack the side of my face on the top of the door (roof part not open door). I think I was getting in to fast and wasn't low enough before my body went in.

Adding Alena to the equation hasn't really worked out for her. She has had to endure a few pains due to my spazzness. Maybe when I have some funny ones that don't make me feel like a bad mommy I'll share. But for now that door is closed. Well until I open it into my face once again.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Ha...Thank You.