Monday, November 16, 2009

Grandma's visit!

My Mom made a trip out to see us while Courtie is deployed. It has been so wonderful having company and help while Courtie is away. Especially because Mama cooked the entire time she was here. I don't particularly enjoy cooking and when Courtie is gone I just don't do it. It seemed like we stayed busy the whole time she was here but we didn't end up doing a whole lot. Just hanging out with Alena, who kept us on our toes. We did lots of shopping, to the grocery store and Target and such, and of course Mama bought entirely too much stuff! We went on a walk through the nature park on the nice weather day and later Alena and Mama went on one through the neighborhood. The end of the trip had some seriously bad weather. In the 40s with rain and today some snow! We had a Christmas photo shoot for her Christmas card. Poor Alena had to endure through some costume changes and a couple photo shoots. But she was adorable! Mama cooked a huge Birthday dinner for me and all of my Wichita friends. It was crazy to say the least. I'll have a separate post of it later. So here are tons of wonderful pictures. Sorry I always post so many pictures, I just don't enjoy writing and you can see for your self what is going on out here!
One of the pics from her Xmas photo shoot.

This is her jacket. I LOVE it but it shrunk a lot in the wash so she won't get to wear it much longer. Still a cutie!
Grandma tuckered her out. Sucking her thumb and holding her Booga bear before her nap.
The best Birthday present!
Lovin her walker/rider that gma got!

Gma also got one of those baby dolls that make noise and move. Alena just loves it to death! She gets so excited every time she hears it. Ummm, lets just say I don't feel the same way...

No comments: