Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Work and day care

Most of you have heard that I am now employed! I went in for an interview with the same hospital that I interviewed with when we first moved here. They remembered me and must like me because after the interview they pushed me through very fast. Going into the interview I was really nervous because it has been so long for me. I really didn't think that it was going to work out so when they offered me the job I was excited. I guess overwhelmed would be more accurate because there was a lot to be done before work started. The most ominous task was finding day care. This was really difficult and I ended up interviewing and visiting a lot of places. We ended up going with a really nice day care right down the road. They have an awesome facility and even though they can accommodate 20 one yr olds they only have 10 including Alena. They really like Alena and her first day went great. On the report they said that the other kids enjoyed playing with her and she had no problems adjusting. Her mood throughout the day was happy, playful, talkative, silly, and excitable. I have a feeling I will be seeing those moods checked off everyday!

As for the blog I am not sure if I will keep at it because of work. My time will be pretty stretch and I just can't justify sitting at the computer when I can spend time with Alena or (OH joy) cleaning the house. I will try to get on here every now and them but they best way to keep up with me is to give a ring!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Glad Alena adjusted well! Hopefully she keeps it up! How was YOUR first day??