OH my goodness I can't believe that my baby girl has turned one! It feels so overwhelming to think how fast this past year has gone. I look back and can't remember so many precious moments. I use to feel like I was the one person who remembered everything, the most random stories, the crazy details that aren't important. Well pregnancy and mommyhood have stolen that away.
The week up to Alena's Birthday Courtie and I talked a lot about what we were doing at that time the year before. I remember getting contractions 6 am on the 16th and then finally going to the hospital at 2 am the next morning. It was such a long and emotional process that ended up with my belly being cut open. I always had a feeling in my gut that for me it was going to end up as a c-section, I don't know why but I did. I don't tolerate pain well at all and was struggling with the contractions the entire time which also meant very little sleep ( I am a light sleeper who wakes up all through the night). This combination really added a lot of extra stress and anxiety to an already difficult process. Alena was also having a low heart rate during my contractions. So when I stopped dilating after 30 some hrs of labor I was rushed to the OR. Sometimes I look back and feel like I missed out on natural labor. I know a few friends went through it and would rather have a c-section, but others had no problem and one even went without any drugs. It is very difficult to find a Dr to deliver a baby naturally after c-section so in a sense I feel like it is not really an option for the future. But will I always have this feeling that I am missing out?
Alena is such a sweet and easy-going girl. We feel so lucky to have her as our daughter and can't wait to watch her grow. Hopefully the happy and easy-going will stick around. For her birthday we had a party on Valentine's day. It was a great time with tons of food and fun. Alena had a wonderful time playing the the Larrabee trio and the Barba twins. She even ate her entire cake (which ended up being her dinner, oops!) On her B-day Courtie had to fly that night so we went out to lunch as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment