So I have had people asking me about babies eyes; are the same size as the adult eye and about when they can see color. Well I had never heard of this and had no clue to it's validity (eye size). After the third or so person I decided to educate myself. I cruised the internet and found a good site and learned all about the development of the eye in infants. So here it is:
At birth the baby's eyes are 65% the size of the adult size. By the age of 6-12 yrs. they reach the adult size. The infant head is about 1/3 the size of an adults giving the eyes and even larger look.
Within the first couple months their eyesight dramatically increases. Can focus better, see further distances, and track better. All of this is to stimulate the eye and send messages to the brain (which allows the brain to grow and develop).
Hope this was interesting!
Within the first couple months their eyesight dramatically increases. Can focus better, see further distances, and track better. All of this is to stimulate the eye and send messages to the brain (which allows the brain to grow and develop).
Hope this was interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment