Monday, October 19, 2009

eatin leaves

What a beautiful day! It was in the 70s and sunny with only a slight breeze, just marvelous. It was so nice outside Alena and I played on the deck for and hour and a half. I brought out a blanket, a book, and many toys for Alena and we just hung out all afternoon. It actually got hot out there! I didn't really get much reading done because Alena kept me on my toes. She really wanted to eat some leaves. Sometimes I am amazed that this little person has so much intelligence and personality at 8 months and then I am reminded that she is just a baby. A baby who really wants to eat leaves. By the end of the afternoon I won with 50 to 2. Two leaves made it in her mouth and one made it all the way! I tried to get it out of her mouth but it was to far gone, she was chewing for a long time (maybe because it was so dry). It must have been good because she just kept going for more! We also ventured into the yard. Just sat in the grass soaking it all in.

No comments: