Friday, October 16, 2009

my past week and some

Lets see, what to post about. There is so much going on and yet nothing to write about. Well, not anything you would really love reading. So I guess I'll fill you in on all the little things.

So the weather has been so unbelievably awful. Lately it has been miserable in the 40s and 50s with a bone chilling wind. A few days it has not stopped raining all day. Luckily we fixed the leak in the roof before Courtie left! I have been reminded why I love summer so much. The warmth and the sun just make me happy.

For the past week or so I have been feeling a little sick. Oh, I really hate getting sick. My throat was feeling a little rough and my head was fuzzy. Between feeling sick and the miserable weather I have managed to get nothing done for an entire week. I did the little things like laundry, dishes and grocery shopping but the house in now in shambles from my lack of motivation. Ah, sounds like I will be busy over the weekend cleaning (one of my brothers is coming out for a visit!)

Max has finally got it together! She is feeling a little better and I am much happier! It only took a couple of vet visits and many consults on the phone but she has been diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease. It is a chronic condition wich requires daily doses (that's right twice a day) of prednisone. After about three months on different medicines we finally got her on something that works. Now we just have to figure out if she has to stay on it at all times.

I finally finished cleaning the guest bathroom for Alena. It was the bathroom that had all of Max's stuff (litter box and food). It has taken about three cleanings to get it clean enough for Alena to take baths in the actual bathtub (we have been using a baby tub). I must say that she has been enjoying her new bathing freedom. She keeps crawling all over the tub and tries to stand up. This makes a much more interesting bath time for me. It is like trying to catch a greased pig!

She has been trying to get under the kitchen table and has finally figured out how to crawl under the chairs. She kept trying and would ram her head into the support bar and try again. Here are a few cute pics of Alena in her new fav place to hang.


Thanks Grandma for the cute kitty!

No comments: