Thursday, June 11, 2009

1 week!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about coming home. It is going to be a very stressful week leading up to my trip but I am ready. I am not exactly looking forward to flying with Alena. The sweet baby that made the last trip no longer exists. She has been quite the little monster lately! We got off track of our schedule and haven't been able to get back on. She has been even worse after the deviation. I am having an even harder time getting her to take a nap and go down at night. No matter what I do she just screams and cries. She is so tired but doesn't let her self go to sleep. I bought a book to help (babywise suggested by Candace) and I hope it helps me some. I haven't had a chance to start reading it yet but will today. I think I am finally at the place where I am just going to have to let her cry it out. It is so hard and even harder since Courtie is not around. Oh well I'll stop whining.

Alena and I have a free military membership at the YMCA just down the road. It is a wonderful benefit to spouses of deployed military. We have the free membership for 6 months as long as we go 8 times a month. I took her to the pool the other day and she was not very happy. It was actually nice out so the outdoor pool was open. The water was a little cold and Alena was not a fan. I sat in the water and held her feet in and she hung out for a little. I tried out the indoor pool. The water was a lot warmer but it was so loud she got upset. Oh well I'll keep trying.

Right now Alena is all about her feet. She is always playing with them. The other day I was changing her diaper and she had both hands on her feet while sucking her thumbs. I wish I could have gotten a picture but it would have been extremely inappropriate! Here is a G rated pic.

1 comment:

The Buchanan Family said...

Alena is growing so fast! Can you get here already ;) Let me summarize Babywise for you...when its time to go to sleep...let her cry (as Hootie would say)...its hard, but it gets easier the more you stick to it. Can't wait to see you!