Monday, June 29, 2009
rock solid
With much encouragement from Mama I have started Alena on solids. I was kinda dreading it because it takes more time, is more work, more money and Courtie is not back yet. I thought it would be easier when he was home to help feed Alena and change stinky diapers! Well we just tried it with Alena for a couple of days and I was surprised at her reaction. The first day she ate half a baby jar of sweet potatoes and moved the food all around her mouth. With both of our inexperience with solids a lot made it on her face and not in her mouth. She didn't stay interested long and started screaming for milk. The second night was totally different! She was leaning so far over in her chair to get to the food. She also would stick out her neck to the spoon and would scream because I couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough. She would open her mouth and actually swallow the food and not push it out with her tongue. She ended up eating a jar and a half and now we have to go out and get more food for her. It was quite funny. So now I have a little sweet potato monster at least until next week when we introduce the next yummy veggie! I took a video so Courtie could see this milestone and I have a bunch of cute pictures. Enjoy!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay!!! Someone's quickly becoming a big girl!!!
Post a Comment