Wednesday, May 13, 2009

There's no place like home

We went to NC last week for Don's graduation. We are so proud of him and all he has been able to accomplish at ECU. He was really able to turn is studies around and was awarded with the outstanding senior award in his department. We flew in on Wednesday and had some bad weather in Atlanta. Our flight took off 2 hours late but luckily they called ahead and we were able to wait at our house. While trying to land in Atlanta the airport shut down due to weather and we had to divert to another airport to get gas. We ended up staying on the plane for about an hour waiting for the airport to open up again. We finally landed and rushed to our other flight. We made it there jut in time to board the plane. Alena was great the entire day (for a 3 mo old). It was so great seeing all the family and I hope our next visit is not last minute or so hectic. Our flight home was uneventful and tiring. For the past couple of days we have just be trying to catch up on chores and sleep. Courtie leaves for his deployment on Monday and we are just trying to enjoy our time together as a family before he goes. It is so sad to think that when he returns in two months that he will be greeted by a completely different baby. So much he will miss while he is away.

Kelsey and Alena hanging out at Grandma's house

Alena intrigued with her hand in Uncle Ben's lap.
Josh came over to say hi to Alena.Josh wanted to play with Alena in Grandma's arms. He was pretty good just pulled a little hard on Alena's legs. Nothing she couldn't give back.

I want to thank everyone who took pictures because I did not take a single one the entire trip! Oh well so much going on. And for all my wonderful friends, I promise next time we are in town I'll give a call. We weren't planning on coming because Courtie was suppose to deploy a month ago. We found out the week before that we would be able to make the trip. Hopefully I'll be making an extended trip while Courtie is away and everyone can meet Alena. Look out for us around June 20th.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

yay! you're back! I've missed these updates. :) Glad you guys had a wonderful time. The first picture scared me for a second b/c i only saw your niece and was freaked out Alena had grown so fast. ;)