Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To be or not to be

It is 10 pm and I am blogging because my little one is actually in bed! I had a very long day because Alena only had one 40 min nap all day! Yesterday was the first day of our early mornings and I have to say we still have a lot of room for improvements. We still haven't made it up before 10 am , oh well baby steps! I just hope we don't have a repeat from last night, bed from 8-9 and then up until 1:30 am.

So to be productive or not to be productive.....
Yesterday I had a great day where I was able to get A LOT done and still love on and play with Lee Lee. I was able to sort the mail, do the dishes, trim and paint my nails, do the laundry (actually clean, dry, fold, and put away), and make dinner. Normally I am able to get one or two things done, not a whole list. Lee and I also went on a walk around the neighborhood. We have been having such nice weather I actually went outside to enjoy it!

Now today I was not productive. I fell asleep after feeding Alena so we didn't get up until 11 am. We had some tummy time and lots of playing. Lee was in such a great mood today I just enjoyed all the smiles and cuteness. During Lee's nap what did I do... The dishes in the sink, no. Another load of laundry, no. Work around the house, no. I sat out on the deck reading a book. It was so wonderful soaking up the rays and relaxing but the entire time I was thinking of everything that needed to be done. There is always something to be done and it seems that it always has to wait. I feel like I waste a bunch of my precious time (the computer is always involved). Well enough of this post I guess I'll go do the dishes. Yay!

1 comment:

jenny said...

I totally know what you mean. But that's the beauty of deployment, eh? No one to really get all those things done FOR! I also use Bella's nap time to just soak up the sun or have ME time. I used to try and get everything done, but then I'd have no energy when she woke up. I limit myself to one or two short chores and then rush outside to read or play sudoku for an hour or two. :-)