Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sleeping beauty

I have been trying and failing to get Alena on a schedule for a long time now. I was tired and would give up easily on early mornings. Well we are finally getting up with the sun! For the past couple days we have been somewhat on a schedule! We get up around 7 am and I try my hardest to keep Alena up. She usually is asleep by 9 am and will nap until around 11 am . She is up and playful until around 2 and then I try to put her down. Alena has had a hard time with her afternoon nap and she sleeps when she wants to (anywhere from 2-5). I would love to have her napping from 2-4. She has been going down around 10 pm and staying asleep though the night until around 7 am. She is also on a feeding schedule ( I think this is what caused the sleeping schedule to happen) she eats at 7 am, 11 am, 2 pm, 5 pm and 8 pm. Once I get that afternoon nap down I am hoping to get her to go to sleep on her own. I have been dreading this and have attempted letting her cry. I just can't take it past the 1 hr mark. Maybe later in the week I will suck it up and just do it!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Oh Jenny! I'm so proud of you! Scheduling is SO hard, but SO worth it in the end. And that crying it out thing - an hour?? Gosh... I remember those days and they were so hard, especially when I was alone (Trav was deployed). Good luck and may Alena bless you for it in the end...